Please see below for a number of great positions. The links will take you to our Forest Service Outreach Database for more information on each job including contact information for the hiring manager, job duties, etc.
Unless otherwise noted, these jobs are being outreached only and are not yet advertised in USAjobs at www.usajobs.gov. Please contact the hiring manager found at each positions weblink given below to be notified when position will be advertised.
Check out our new blog/website at: https://region1jobs.wordpress.com This is where you can find “Tips – How to Get a Forest Service Job”, “Top 10 Resume Building Tips For Forest Service Jobs” and “FAQ”. And, you are welcome to view our webinar on “How To Get A Forest Service Job”. Schedule time to visit with me. More days and times have been added! Here’s a great opportunity to schedule time with USFS Northern Region’s Outreach, Recruitment, and Retention Program Specialist Amber Kamps. You can visit with her about: jobs with the Forest Service, career advice, help with applying for jobs on USAJOBS, help with your resume, other questions about applying or finding jobs, and anything else. Sign up for available 20 minute time frames using: http://meetme.so/Region1Jobs If you have a resume, please email it to email@example.com prior to your scheduled appointment. I will call you at the scheduled time using the phone number you provide in the booking. Resource Assistant GS-6/7 in Red Lodge, Montana Public Affairs Specialist GS-7/9 in Kamiah, Idaho – Job will be advertised on http://www.usajobs.gov beginning October 24th On Scene Coordinator GS-13 in Bozeman, Montana
Customer Service Representative GS-3/4 in Smelterville, Idaho – Job will be advertised on http://www.usajobs.gov beginning October 24th
Customer Service Representative GS-3/4 in Nordman, Idaho – Job will be advertised on http://www.usajobs.gov beginning October 24th
Being Advertised on http://www.usajobs.gov NOW:
Forestry Technician (Recreation) GS-5, Closes October 19th – See www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/453190400/
- 1 vacancy – Bozeman, MT
- 2 vacancies – Cooke City, MT
- 1 vacancy – Livingston, MT
- 1 vacancy – West Yellowstone, MT
Upcoming Webinar! New Job Opportunities with Region 1 Forest Service Tuesday, October 25th at 9:30 a.m. MST
Here is a great opportunity to join via teleconference call or on video with Regional Specialist, Amber Kamps, to ask questions regarding upcoming jobs, hiring events, and more. No registration is needed. Limited to first 50 who attend.
Time: Oct 25, 2016 9:30 AM (GMT-6:00) Mountain Time (US and Canada) Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/285423521 Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,285423521# or +14086380968,285423521# Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 285 423 521 This is a great time to learn more about jobs/careers with the Forest Service in the Northern Region as we gear up for multiple hiring events starting in November through the spring.
- Fire Hire: The Northern Rockies Region of the Forest Service is pleased to announce our hiring event for GS-5 through GS-9 permanent positions in fire management in November. These are permanent positions only. Our summer or temporary positions will be advertised with a separate hiring event in January.
- Temporary/Summer Positions: These positions will be advertised with separate hiring events starting in January. More information will be coming out soon for this.
- Paid Intern & Recent Graduate Hiring: Multiple hiring events are scheduled starting in November through this spring. More information will be provided on the webinar about how to apply and where to learn more information.